East Bay Innovation Academy
Are you interested in preparing students to be the innovators and leaders of tomorrow? Do you believe that we can evolve schools to be 21st century centers of learning?
East Bay Innovation Academy is seeking a dynamic, innovative, and passionate part-time After School Instructor to help us grow our new charter school. The After School Instructor will work from 3:00-6:00pm Tuesday through Friday. The After School Instructor will lead students in outdoor activities and arts & crafts projects, and will assist with the operations of the After School program.
East Bay Innovation Academy is a 6-12 college preparatory public charter school in Oakland, CA with a mission of preparing a diverse group of students to be successful in college and to be thoughtful, engaged citizens who are leaders and innovators in a 21st century global world. Through personalization and leveraging best practices in curriculum design and technology, EBIA engages students using competencies necessary for productive lives as citizens in a dynamic, increasingly competitive global world. We have a collaborative, multi-disciplinary model that incorporates technology, blended learning, social-emotional learning, project-based learning and data driven instruction. We serve a truly diverse background of students, representing the racial, cultural, and socio-economic demographics in the surrounding area.
INNOVATIVE: Design and run the after school outdoor activities and/or arts & crafts projects for middle school students, including: facilitating organized and purposeful programs; sourcing and managing materials; designing projects and activities; engaging students and practicing good classroom management. Assist in administrative duties as requested by After School Coordinator. Be a true partner alongside school staff and families in the academic and social-emotional success of students.
ENTREPRENEURIAL: Understand, promote and support the mission, vision and guiding principles of EBIA.
COLLABORATIVE: Be a key player in the development of a newly launched school in year 5, including being a leader and assisting in the development and implementation of school policies and programs. Build a culture of high expectations offering differentiated supports for all learners.
OPTIMISTIC: Demonstrate excitement about learning and engaging children in learning; attempt to know every student at in the After Care program.
ENGAGING: Be ready to bring your passions, projects, and skills to EBIA.
- Experience developing varied and engaging arts & crafts projects and/or outdoor sports & game activities, with offerings suited to many skill levels.
- Experience leading middle school students
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and to adapt projects and classroom structures to the needs of the program.
- Highly organized, resourceful, and self-starter. Ability to problem solve, prioritize, and multi-task.
- Ability to work successfully with heterogeneous groups of students and an ethnically and economically diverse student body.
- Welcoming and sunny disposition.
- Excellent communication skills; you will be communicating with parents, faculty, students and other community members.
- 21 years of age or older.
- Bilingual in Spanish
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff. Please submit a resume and a compelling letter of interest.