East Bay Innovation Academy
Speech and Language Pathologist
a dynamic and optimistic Speech and Language Pathologist
, with a strong belief that all students can achieve at the highest levels. You want to develop professionally, be part of a team, and provide the best possible therapy to help students meet their full potential.
preparing a diverse group of students to be successful in college and to be thoughtful engaged citizens who are leaders and innovators in a 21st
century global world. East Bay Innovation Academy (EBIA) is proud to be a free public charter school bringing project-based curriculum, social emotional emphasis, design thinking, and blended learning to students in Oakland, California.
- Screen, assess, and provide specialized speech and language services to students who qualify for services as established by State standards
- Develop appropriate baselines, long-term and short-term goals and objectives for the Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Monitor student progress towards goals. Prepare progress reports and maintain records which clearly and succinctly document services provided, student progress, and discharge from therapy
- Conduct thorough initial and triennial assessments of educationally-related speech/language deficits
- Case manages students with speech and language needs
- Participate in the multidisciplinary team process regarding eligibility issues, IEP development, consultation services, and service delivery models
- Develop instructional materials and strategies for students in the Gen Ed classroom
- Serve as a resource person for families and for school staff.
You might also have
- A valid California Speech-Language Pathology School Services credential or California Clinical or Rehabilitative Services credential with an authorization in Language, Speech and Hearing
- The ability to administer appropriate assessments, interpret history and assessment data, and design and implement appropriate intervention strategies
- A commitment to equity and a belief that diversity is essential
- An entrepreneurial spirit, ready to create and iterate, to adopt new technologies and to blaze trails
- Experience working in urban communities
- Experience working with English Language Learners
- Knowledge of another language
EBIA offers a competitive compensation package,
with an annual bonus plan and health+dental+vision insurance fully covered for our employees. We invest in your growth
, with covered Induction fees, over 15 professional development days a year, daily faculty collaboration time, technology access to support communication and data-driven learning, and a connected and supportive community of families, colleagues, and partners. Learn more about us at www.eastbayia.org
When you apply
, please include your resume
and a letter
of interest. We look forward to meeting you!