East Bay Innovation Academy
Middle School Dean of Students
a dynamic and optimistic Dean of Students
, with a strong belief that all students can learn at the highest levels. You want to develop professionally, be part of a team, implement social-emotional curriculum and restorative practices, and create a culture of respect and accountability that allows all learners to thrive.
preparing a diverse group of students to be successful in college and to be thoughtful engaged citizens who are leaders and innovators in a 21st
century global world. East Bay Innovation Academy (EBIA) is proud to be a free public charter school bringing project-based curriculum, social emotional emphasis, design thinking, and blended learning to students in Oakland, California. Founded in 2014, we are hiring a cadre of teachers each year as we grow to serve grades 6-12.
- Innovate, creating and implementing systems that promote social-emotional growth and a positive learning environment, both virtually and in-person
- Engage, facilitating restorative practices that support self awareness and authentic community
- Collaborate, working with teachers to develop and deliver advisory curriculum
- Lead, establishing clear and consistent behavior expectations and disciplinary processes
- Grow, expanding your practice with the support of the Head of School
You might also have
- BA degree+ in areas aligned with student support and supervision
- Experience supporting the social-emotional and behavioral needs of students, along with family engagement and community building.
- A commitment to equity and a belief that diversity is essential
- An entrepreneurial spirit, ready to create and iterate, to adopt new technologies and to blaze trails
- Experience with project based learning and/or blended learning
- A maker-builder mindset
- Knowledge of another language
- A Masters degree
EBIA offers a competitive compensation package,
with health+dental+vision insurance fully covered for our employees. We invest in your growth
, with professional development days, faculty collaboration time, technology access to support communication and data-driven learning, and a connected and supportive community of families, colleagues, and partners. Learn more about us at www.eastbayia.org
When you apply
, please include your resume
and a letter
We look forward to meeting you!