East Bay Innovation Academy
Substitute English Teacher
a dynamic and optimistic Sixth Grade Substitute ELA
teacher, with a strong belief that all students can learn at the highest levels. You want to develop professionally, be part of a team, and implement the best practices in innovative, project-based, data-driven curriculum design. This position is temporary; expected need is March and April 2021.
preparing a diverse group of students, grades 6-12, to be successful in college and to be thoughtful engaged citizens who are leaders and innovators in a 21st century global world. Founded in 2014, East Bay Innovation Academy (EBIA) is proud to be a free public charter school bringing project-based curriculum, social emotional emphasis, design thinking, and blended learning to students in Oakland, California.
- Lead, deploying curriculum, lessons, and assessments that engage students in authentic learning experiences
- Collaborate, working with the Principal and Dir. of Instruction to connect with your students
- Engage, serving as an advisor for a group of students, and attempting to know every student at EBIA
- Grow, expanding your practice with the support of the Principal
You might also have
- A California substitute credential
- Experience successfully implementing curriculum
- A commitment to equity and a belief that diversity is essential
- An entrepreneurial spirit, ready to create and iterate, to adopt new technologies and to blaze trails
- Experience engaging middle school students English with thoughtful, innovative curriculum
- Experience with project based learning, social-emotional learning, and/or blended learning
- A maker-builder mindset
- Knowledge of another language
- A teaching credential
EBIA offers a connected and supportive community of families, colleagues, and partners. Learn more about us at www.eastbayia.org
. When you apply
, please include your resume
and a letter
We look forward to meeting you!