East Bay Innovation Academy
School Counselor –
Mental Health and Academic Engagement
a dynamic and optimistic School Counselor
, with a strong belief that all students can learn at the highest levels. You want to develop professionally, be part of a team, and implement the best practices in innovative, project-based, data-driven curriculum design.
preparing a diverse group of students to be successful in college and to be thoughtful engaged citizens who are leaders and innovators in a 21st
century global world. East Bay Innovation Academy (EBIA) is proud to be a free public charter school bringing project-based curriculum, social emotional emphasis, design thinking, and blended learning to students in Oakland, California. Founded in 2014, we are hiring a cadre of teachers each year as we grow to serve grades 6-12.
- Counsel, providing on-site counseling to students and parents, including individual, group, and crisis counseling.
- Create, designing opportunities for all students to process the pandemic and the return to school, as well as assessments and interventions for the students who are struggling the most
- Advocate, promoting social development and high academic achievement for all students
- Engage, assisting students in making appropriate decisions relative to school programs and relationships in the community, and evaluating and making referrals for student’s issues as needed
- Manage, tracking and administering 504 plans, participating in COST meetings, and serving as a member of IEP teams
- Collaborate, partnering with the Dean of Students to create positive school culture, with the Director of College Readiness to ensure academic and real-world success, and with teachers to interpret the abilities and needs of individual students
- Educate, orienting new students and their parents to the school program and the various guidance services available, and providing parent education sessions.
- Grow, expanding your practice with the support of administration and colleagues
You might also have
- A California credential for School Counseling
- Experience working with the Restorative Justice model for behaviors
- Success in creating programs and in researching and implementing best practices
- Experience working with IEP teams
- A commitment to equity and a belief that diversity is essential
- An entrepreneurial spirit, ready to create and iterate, to adopt new technologies and to blaze trails
- Experience with project based learning, social-emotional learning, and/or blended learning
- Knowledge of another language
- A Masters degree
EBIA offers a competitive compensation package,
with an annual bonus plan and health+dental+vision insurance fully covered for our employees. We invest in your growth
, with covered Induction fees, over 15 professional development days a year, technology access to support communication and data-driven learning, and a connected and supportive community of families, colleagues, and partners. Learn more about us at www.eastbayia.org
When you apply
, please include your resume
and a letter
of interest. We look forward to meeting you!