East Bay Innovation Academy
Response to Intervention Specialist
a dynamic and optimistic person who wants to help students be successful in the academic environment after the remote-schooling year. You want to build rapport with students and become a trusted member of the community who will provide stability and continuity so that Oakland’s youth can achieve at the highest levels. As the Response to Intervention Specialist you will connect with students who need support and help them get back on track with their learning and growth. You will also provide substitute coverage in classrooms when teachers are out, helping students make the most of each and every school day. You want to develop professionally, be part of a team, and implement the best practices in innovative, project-based, data-driven curriculum design.
This is a full-time, academic year role that includes benefits, paid time off, and competitive compensation.
preparing a diverse group of students, grades 6-12, to be successful in college and to be thoughtful engaged citizens who are leaders and innovators in a 21st century global world. Founded in 2014, East Bay Innovation Academy (EBIA) is proud to be a free public charter school bringing project-based curriculum, social emotional emphasis, design thinking, and blended learning to students in Oakland, California.
- Lead, providing targeted small group and individual support to students to build skills and engage with academics
- Collaborate, working with the Principal and Director of Instruction to connect with students and build your teaching practice
- Engage, deploying curriculum, lessons, and assessments that engage students in authentic learning experiences
- Grow, building your teaching practice with the support of the Principal, Director of Instruction, and teacher colleagues
You might also have
- A California substitute credential, or a 4-year college degree and the ability to take and pass the CBEST
- Experience successfully implementing curriculum
- Success working with adolescents in small and large groups
- A commitment to equity and a belief that diversity is essential
- An entrepreneurial spirit, ready to create and iterate, to adopt new technologies and to blaze trails
- Teaching experience
- Experience with project based learning, social-emotional learning, and/or blended learning
- A maker-builder mindset
- Knowledge of another language
EBIA offers a connected and supportive community of families, colleagues, and partners. Learn more about us at www.eastbayia.org
. This is a full-time position during the academic year and includes benefits, paid time off, and competitive compensation. When you apply
, please include your resume
and a letter
We look forward to meeting you!