You are a dynamic and optimistic Climate and Culture Specialist, with a strong belief that all students can learn at the highest levels. You want to support students, build community, develop professionally, and implement the best practices in innovative, student-focused, data-driven school management.
We are preparing a diverse group of students to be successful in college and to be thoughtful engaged citizens who are leaders and innovators in a 21st century global world. Founded in 2014, East Bay Innovation Academy (EBIA) is proud to be a free public charter school bringing project-based curriculum, social emotional emphasis, design thinking, and blended learning to students in Oakland, California.
- Build, working with the EBIA school leadership team to create a positive and focused campus atmosphere where students make appropriate decisions relative to school programs and relationships in the community
- Support, monitoring communications channels and responding to teacher requests for student interventions and supports
- Engage, facilitating constructive and efficient student transitions, lunch periods, and after school club sessions
- Manage, tracking behavior data and building reports to identify students of concern, analyze intervention strategies, and design effective systems
- Connect, contacting parents to build home-school communication channels and partnerships
- Collaborate, partnering with the Education Specialists, teachers and administrators to implement student support interventions (including support services as described in Individual Education Plans where appropriate)
- Grow, expanding your practice with the support of administration and colleagues
You might also have
- Experience working with a diverse population of high school students
- Success implementing programs that promote positive behavior
- Ability to communicate clearly and connect with children, parents, and colleagues
- A commitment to equity and a belief that diversity is essential
- An entrepreneurial spirit, ready to create and iterate, to adopt new technologies and to blaze trails
- Experience working with the Restorative Justice model
- Experience with COST, PBIS, or SST frameworks
- Experience with project based learning, social-emotional learning, and/or blended learning
- Knowledge of another language
EBIA offers a competitive compensation package, with health+dental+vision insurance fully covered for our employees. Learn more about us at www.eastbayia.org
When you apply, please include your resume and a letter of interest. We look forward to meeting you!