East Bay Innovation Academy is a 6-12 college preparatory public charter school in Oakland, CA with a mission of preparing a diverse group of students to be successful in college and to be thoughtful, engaged citizens who are leaders and innovators in a 21st century global world. Through personalization and project-based learning, social-emotional learning and design thinking, and by leveraging best practices in curriculum design and technology, EBIA engages students in rigorous, 21st Century work. We serve a diverse population of students, representing the racial, cultural, and socio-economic diversity of the Bay Area.
About the Lower School Back Office Administrator Role
The Back Office Administrator at the Lower School of EBIA is a critical member of the EBIA community. First impressions are everything and the BOA will often be the first person the community interacts with at EBIA. In addition, the BOA manages many projects and therefore must be highly organized, accountable, and proactive. If you are an organized, energetic person who has a strong customer service orientation; who loves to serve students, families, and staff, this is a job you will enjoy!
WHY WORK AT EBIA?
- Highly competitive compensation with participation in an annual bonus plan.
- Paid time off in addition to sick time.
- Student and staff technology access supporting communication, student progress monitoring and differentiation.
- An engaged, supportive and connected community of families, colleagues and partner organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree and above in aligned areas.
- Experience in operation functions of school and district.
- A strong belief that all students can learn at the highest levels and that all students can be successful in college.
- Self-starter, willing to innovate and create new tools or systems as needed or tasked.
- Ability to work successfully with heterogeneous groups of students and an ethnically & economically diverse student body.
- Highly proficient in using technology and interested in the potential of technology to impact urban education.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change; ability to work in a dynamic, creative and demanding learning environment.
- Driven adult learner dedicated to his or her own professional growth, including learning new and innovative teaching practices.
- Working knowledge of Spanish.
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff. Please send a resume, two letters of reference and a compelling letter of interest via email to email@example.com
. Thank you for your interest in this position.