East Bay Innovation Academy (EBIA)
is a college preparatory public charter school in Oakland, CA with a mission to prepare a diverse group of students in grades 6-12 to be successful in college and to be thoughtful, engaged citizens who are leaders and innovators in a 21st century global world. Through personalization and project-based learning, and leveraging best practices in curriculum design and technology, EBIA engages students in 21st Century work, using competencies necessary for productive lives as citizens in a dynamic, increasingly competitive global world. The school has a collaborative, multi-disciplinary model that incorporates technology, blended learning, social-emotional learning, service learning and data driven instruction to engage students in scientific, mathematical, literary, historical, and artistic pursuits. With over 500 students across its middle and high school campuses, EBIA serves a truly diverse group of students who represent the racial, cultural, and socio-economic demographics in Oakland.
To learn more about East Bay Innovation Academy, please visit eastbayia.org/
EBIA is seeking high-quality, dynamic Principal for the ‘24-’25 academic year to support both our Lower School (6-8) and Upper School (9-12) campuses. The Principal will be charged with driving academic achievement and providing support to staff. The Principal also serves as the cultural and community leader by working collaboratively to build a positive school culture and to engage families and other community members.
Key Responsibilities of the Principals include:
- Leading the implementation of our academic programs and supporting faculty to implement programming.
- Working collaboratively with the Executive Director and other members of the School Leadership Team on all school-wide initiatives;
- Supervising teachers and support hiring and retention efforts;
- Ensuring the school maintains its project-based and experiential learning curriculum, giving teachers the resources they need to be successful in these areas and in integrating blended learning throughout the grade levels;
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with all school stakeholders (students, faculty/staff, parents/guardians), ensuring transparent lines of communication at all times and addressing issues and concerns in a timely and constructive manner;
- Ensuring that all teachers and staff have clear lines of communication to and from the administrative team, that everyone understands who their supervisor is and is receiving regular feedback, support, and evaluation of their progress and areas for development;
- Support student culture staff members with Tier 2 and 3 behavior challenges.
In order to fulfill these responsibilities, the ideal Principal candidates will be:
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Proven instructional leaders with experience running a high performing school and with a working knowledge of innovative curricular models;
- Seasoned professionals and experienced managers who know how to recruit, coach, and develop teachers and staff at all levels;
- Exceptional relationship builders who can quickly gain the confidence of the Executive Director, parents/guardians, faculty/staff, and students;
- Passionate advocates for all students and families who have a commitment to maintaining a strong culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion at EBIA;
- Knowledgeable about the academic and social emotional needs of students, especially those of different racial, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds;
- Dynamic and versatile, able to engage a variety of stakeholders in dialogue and speak in a clear, compelling and authentic manner both about the school’s goals and priorities and the leader’s decision-making process and plans towards meeting them;
- Bachelor’s degree and California teaching credential required;
- At least 5 years of successful classroom teaching experience is required.
EBIA offers a competitive salary range of $120,000-135,000 for its Principal and robust benefits including medical, dental and retirement. More details can be provided upon request.
East Bay Innovation Academy is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. Recruiting staff to create an inclusive organization is a priority, and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds. Candidates are evaluated solely on their qualifications to perform the work required.