East Bay Innovation Academy
You are a dynamic and optimistic Computer Science teacher, with a strong belief that all students can learn at the highest levels. You want to develop professionally, be part of a team, and implement the best practices in innovative, project-based, data-driven curriculum design.
We are preparing a diverse group of students, grades 6-12, to be successful in college and to be thoughtful engaged citizens who are leaders and innovators in a 21st century global world. East Bay Innovation Academy (EBIA) is proud to be a free public charter school bringing project-based curriculum, social emotional emphasis, design thinking, and blended learning to students in Oakland, Ca. Founded in 2014, we are hiring a cadre of teachers each year as we grow to serve grades 6-12.
Computer Science Teacher
- Innovate, designing curriculum, lessons, and assessments that engage students in authentic learning experiences
- Collaborate, developing interdisciplinary projects and working with the education specialist to implement student supports
- Engage, serving as an advisor for a group of students and attempting to know every student at EBIA
- Grow, expanding your practice with the support of the Director of Innovative Instruction
You might also have
- A teacher credential in Computer Science
- Experience engaging upper grade students in Computer Science with thoughtful, innovative curriculum
- A commitment to equity and a belief that diversity is essential
- An entrepreneurial spirit, ready to create and iterate, to adopt new technologies and to blaze trails
EBIA offers a competitive compensation package, with health+dental+vision insurance fully covered for our employees. We invest in your growth, with covered Induction fees, over 15 professional development days a year, faculty collaboration time, technology access to support communication and data-driven learning, and a connected and supportive community of families, colleagues, and partners. Learn more about us at www.eastbayia.org
- Experience with project based learning, social-emotional learning, and/or blended learning
- Experience teaching beginning CS through AP CS
- A maker-builder mindset
- Knowledge of another language
- A Masters degree
We are building a talent pool for the 2024-25 school year. We’d love to share more about our school model, and to hear about your career goals. When you apply
, please include your resume
and a letter
We look forward to meeting you!