Are you interested in preparing students to be the innovators and leaders? East Bay Innovation Academy is seeking a dynamic, innovative, and passionate Instructional Aide for our program.
East Bay Innovation Academy is a 6-12 college preparatory public charter school in Oakland, CA with a mission of preparing a diverse group of students to be successful in college and to be thoughtful, engaged citizens who are leaders and innovators in a 21st century global world. Through personalization and project-based learning, social-emotional learning and design thinking, and by leveraging best practices in curriculum design and technology, EBIA engages students in rigorous, 21st Century work. We serve a diverse population of students, representing the racial, cultural, and socio-economic diversity of the Bay Area.
Assist the Education Specialist in his/her performance of duties serving the needs of special education students.
- Support general education classroom teachers, ensuring the accommodations and modifications defined in students’ IEPs are met.
- Provide individual and small group academic support to students, addressing the needs defined in Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
Understand, promote and support the mission, vision and guiding principles of EBIA.
- Be a key player in the development of the school, including being a leader and assisting in the development and implementation of school policies and programs. Build a culture of high expectations offering differentiated supports for all learners.
- Demonstrate excitement about learning and engaging children in learning; attempt to know every student at EBIA.
Be ready to bring your 'outside the school' passions, projects and skills to EBIA's labs and shops.
WHY WORK AT EBIA?
- Highly competitive compensation.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance fully covered for employee.
- An emphasis on depth over breadth – more time teaching fewer students with a block schedule.
- Student and staff technology access supporting communication, student progress monitoring and differentiation.
- An engaged, supportive and connected community of families, colleagues and partner organizations.
Experience working with students with IEPs, preferably in a blended and project-based learning environment.
A strong belief that all students can learn at the highest levels and that all students can be successful in college.
Self-starter, willing to innovate and create new blended and project-based curricula.
Ability to work successfully with heterogeneous groups of students and an ethnically & economically diverse student body.
Highly proficient in using technology and interested in the potential of technology to impact urban education.
Strong interest in implementing successful data driven instruction and a data driven culture.
Flexibility and adaptability to change; ability to work in a dynamic, creative and demanding learning environment.
Working knowledge of another language.
Knowledge of project based learning, social-emotional learning, and blended/optimized learning.
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff. Please send a resume, two letters of reference and compelling letter of interest.